Hi! My name is Nikhil.
Recently, I was taking care of security and IT support at Mapbox for 7 different time zones. Before moving to Security and IT at Mapbox, I fell in love with maps and numbers there. I was a geospatial data analyst at Mapbox leading the end user’s feedback pipeline, doing data analysis and maps. This involved data analysis while working with the engineering teams, sales, business and marketing team. My professional career started at Tech Mahindra as a manual tester of network equipments (Think big Huawei and Cisco network equipments which fills a whole room). My interests include information security, web development, data analysis, data visualisation, unix systems and open source software to name a few. I like to link my work directly with my interest but are not afraid of jumping into new stuff. If you are interested, contact me through the below email or drop a DM in twitter.
I am always open to to new challenges. Contact me through Twitter or Email with Twitter DM being the fastest way to reach me.
- Twitter - https://www.twitter.com/unsungNovelty
- Email -
unsungnovelty at pm dot me
What is a blogroll? - https://indieweb.org/blogroll
- Ark Arjun - https://arkives.in/
- Brian Krebs - https://krebsonsecurity.com/
- Bruce Schneier - https://www.schneier.com/
- Daniel Miessler - https://danielmiessler.com/
- Dan Luu - https://danluu.com/
- Derek Sivers - https://sive.rs/
- Drew Devault - https://drewdevault.com/
- Edward Snowden - https://edwardsnowden.substack.com
- Jamie Tanna - https://www.jvt.me/
- Joe Morrison - https://joemorrison.substack.com
- Joel Spolsky - https://www.joelonsoftware.com/ (The ultimate place for tech flashbacks)
- Josh Comeau - https://www.joshwcomeau.com
- Kent C. Dodds - https://kentcdodds.com
- Paul Graham - http://paulgraham.com/ (Heads up - NO SSL certificate)
- Ru Singh - https://rusingh.com/
- Tom Macwright - https://macwright.com/
- Tridip Thrizu - https://www.tridipthrizu.com/
- Unix Sheikh - https://unixsheikh.com/
- Victoria Drake - https://victoria.dev/
- Zhenghao - https://www.zhenghao.io
Cool folks with website but inactive/no blog
- Benno Rice - https://jeamland.net/
- David Clark - https://davidtheclark.com/
- Eliane Joyo - https://elianejoyo.com/
- Gokul Ganeshan - https://www.gokulg.in/
- John Ankarström - https://ankarstrom.se/~john/
- Rasagy Sharma - https://rasagy.in/
- Rodolfo - https://sector-f.net/
- Sajjad Anwar - https://sajjad.in/
About this website
Information about license of the contents or anything related to license can be found at license page.
Name of the theme is “Brahma”. It was created by me specifically for this website. But my friend ArkArjun started using it as well thereby becoming my only “stakeholder”.
While my theme is stable for blogging, there are a few features I think are missing. This is why I don’t think it is good enough for a “v1.0” version bump. See the text in the footer to know the current version of the theme. Do DM me at @unsungNovelty if you have any feedback.
This website uses Hugo bundled with Brahma Theme created by me. Netlify is behind the scenes.
Privacy shouldn’t be a premium feature. So I made sure I have only used a basic site analytics which is Open Source and privacy friendly called Goat counter. It is minimal and privacy friendly enough to be GDPR friendly without the need for a GDPR consent notice to be shown to the user as far as I understand. The only reason for analytics to be present in this website is to make sure I am not sharing into the void. Not to get the accurate number of folks visiting the website.
While I am not digging deeply into GDPR anytime soon since this is a small personal website, if you think I am violating GDPR somehow, do write to me at
unsungnovelty at pm dot me. Do expect a delay in response. But I will try to find a solution for your query.